Clerical Assistant I (temporary, up to 6 months)
When you join the City of Guelph, you join a team of 2000 full and part-time employees who deliver services the community relies on every day. Together, we are bringing to life Guelph’s vision of an inclusive, connected, and prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
As a regional top employer, the City of Guelph values its employees and offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, opportunities for professional development, a healthy work-life balance, and many roles with flexible work options. Our corporate values are integrity, service, inclusion, wellness, and learning. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
If you would like to find out more about this job opportunity, ensure you read this article till the end.
Marketing Assistant || £24,000 per annum (Apply Now)
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Clerical Assistant I within Building Services. The successful candidate will assist with clerical support for the Building Services Team as well as aid with various programs and projects as they arise within the various divisions. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision for an inclusive, connected, prosperous city.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Assist with various programs and projects throughout the Building Services team including, but not limited to, building permits and inspections, zoning, records and reception
- Be able to provide excellent customer service to the general public and internal stakeholders by answering phone calls, emails and in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner and directing them to the appropriate person.
- Assisting other City employees as needed in assisting customers with the Guelph Permit and Application System (GPAS).
- Assist with scheduling and organizing of building inspection requests
- Assist with responding to records requests from the public.
- Support project work by researching and compiling information, and assisting with records management, data entry, and auditing of existing records.
- Actively participate in meetings and projects as they arise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a grade 12 diploma plus additional post-secondary education, minimum 1 year completed and 3-6 months of experience performing relevant clerical support Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, internal and external contacts, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to transpose information accurately and within established timelines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with AMANDA, WAM, or Kronos would be an asset.
$22.50 – $27.62
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, April 9, 2023. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
If you are interested in this job, Apply Here
Job Location: Guelph, ON