Marketing Assistant – Marlborough Office (working in the office 3 days a week)
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established business. Sarah Raven’s Kitchen & Garden is an award-winning online gardening business, which offers carefully tried and tested plants, seeds, bulbs and gardening kit as well as lovely things for your home, all personally selected by Sarah Raven, the well-known author and broadcaster.
We’re looking for a creative and ambitious Marketing Assistant to join our dynamic team based in Marlborough and assist the CRM Marketing Manager with the implementation of our multi-channel CRM strategy. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a strong understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing and diversify their skill set whilst learning from an experienced CRM Manager at an established e-commerce business.
This is a very varied entry level role, giving the successful candidate a chance to inject some real creative flair alongside some basic data analysis and administrative office duties. The Marketing Assistant will support in delivering transactional, automated and broadcast email campaigns that are aligned with the brand identity and wider trading objectives. We are looking for a creative candidate, preferably with strong copywriting skills and great attention to detail, that can help ensure that all the marketing material we send out to our customers is of the highest possible standard.
If you would describe yourself as a natural networker and someone who enjoys working with others in a collaborative environment, this could be the perfect role for you as the Marketing Assistant will be a pivotal point of contact between internal departments, optimising marketing opportunities and driving continual improvements to our planning process and overarching strategy. Alongside the internal stakeholders, the right candidate will need to extend their relationship building skills to the agencies we work with and will liaise with them to agree workable timetables for seasonal marketing projects, ensuring all stakeholders are kept up to date throughout the process.
As part of this role, the Marketing Assistant will be collating, delivering, and sharing key stats and up to date information regarding market conditions, competitor analysis and current trends, as well as sharing key information relating to Sarah Raven’s trading performance. As such, some analytical skills are necessary to support the team to make data-driven decisions and to drive the evolvement of the customers’ experience across all our marketing channels.
Overall, this role offers a great opportunity for a self-starter that has an interest in supporting acquisition and retention strategies to help grow and advance key marketing channels. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn so, although beneficial, existing horticultural knowledge isn’t essential.
- To provide general support to the CRM Marketing Manager and the wider Marketing Department across briefing, creation and production of both print and digital marketing materials.
- Support with the creation, testing, implementation and scheduling of BAU campaigns across the email marketing channel by helping to co-ordinate with the creative team, buying and merchandising team and website team to ensure messaging is on brand, relevant and that the customer journey is seamless.
- Collaborate with our Customer Services team and Operations Manager to assist in ensuring that all transactional, order-related emails are operating as expected and provide a high level of customer service.
- Support with the ongoing ideation and testing of new automated email marketing series based on customer behaviour and driven by data.
- Help manage the day-to-day upkeep of relevant marketing calendars and proactively sharing these with the wider business to make sure key stakeholders are aware of upcoming marketing activity and promotional plans.
- Work closely with the CRM Marketing manager to assist in the provision of basic analysis which will help to develop more efficient marketing strategies for new and existing customers. Including but not limited to: monitoring marketing generated revenue and promotional performance, reporting against select business KPI’s and supporting with the analysis and distribution of survey data.
- Developing a good working knowledge of the businesses ESP platform and commercial segments in order to support with effective database management and growth. Generally, have a test and learn approach towards key the CRM channels and software.
- Keep abreast of current industry trends and best practices by monitoring key competitor marketing channels.
- Act as a key point of contact and in the creation of necessary briefs to support our print catalogue production schedule. This will involve nurturing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as raising POs, inputting to the marketing budget tracker, drafting meeting agendas and minutes etc.
- Fully embrace the Sarah Raven brand values and work to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, act responsibly, foster innovation, focus on a customer-centric approach, collaborate with others and solve problems.
- To carry out all such other duties as may be reasonably requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Detail-oriented and highly organised, able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to establish a good understanding of account performance and KPI measurement.
- Confident communication skills – written, verbal and presentational.
- Proven skills in building strong working relationships; a team player with a who can add to the already positive team culture and approach tasks with a problem-solving attitude.
- Some knowledge and understanding of key marketing principles , however if you’re not there yet, we’re happy to get you up to speed if you’re willing to learn.
- A creative thinker who can brainstorm innovative ideas
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes & more specifically Microsoft Excel
- Educated to degree level or completed a marketing-based qualification, such as a degree or CIM course.
- Experience in using an ESP platform.
- Previous experience working in a Marketing Team.
- An established “test and learn” approach to innovate and optimise campaigns.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe in hiring the best person for the job whoever they are, helping them thrive in it and celebrating their individuality.
Rush now and Apply.
Job Location : Marlborough, Wiltshire