To find out more about this job opportunity, read this article till the end.
Back End Engineer – Contractor (Independent Worker) – Nova Scotia
We are excited that you are:
- Adventurous and need to figure out how things work
- Highly focused and determined, you’re a standout colleague with solid leadership qualities
- You are well-respected by your peers and driven by making an impact with code
- You love working on cool projects with the latest technologies
- Motivated by innovation, you like to be challenged to develop new technology solutions to answer complex problems, but also know when a tried and true solution is the right choice
- You are fluent in a variety of programming languages, and pick up new languages easily
- Collaborate and build solutions regarding architecture, backend APIs, and testing frameworks
- Write TDD, functional and automated tests for new and existing features
- Provide documentation for written code and assist in peer code reviews
- Assist in resolving operational issues for implemented features
- Provide support for successful feature rollout and deployment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Proven experience as a software developer, including hands-on experience with cloud-based software development, preferably on AWS.
- Experience in designing and building scalable, secure, and highly available cloud infrastructure on AWS, including Fargate and Lambda
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, agile practices, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes using Terraform
- Familiarity with software testing principles and practices, including TDD and automated testing frameworks and tools.
- Experience developing data acquisition and transformation systems and related automation preferred
If you are interested in this job, Click Here to Apply